We are frequently asked to provide decent high quality, hard wearing and beautifully finished lavatories for “buy to let” customers, lovers and first time home buyers on a limited budget. If you follow our top ten tips beneath, there isn’t any reason you cannot accomplish comparable results for finances of less than Three thousand pounds.
The Top Ten Ideas for a good Economic climate Bathroom Design and Set up project
1) Don’t be excessively ambitious with your bathroom design:- The new bath/shower/wc/basin ought to be situated nearly exactly where the old units had been situated:- keep in mind that expert work costs accounts for at least 70% of an economy bathroom re-fit and running new drainage and water supply pipe-work is time consuming and entails extra material costs
2) Before you decide to spend anything on tiles and fittings, employ an all-trades professional fitting group:- There are no cost savings to be produced in surging out your downstairs neighbour via botched DIY or even through money in hands and “fly through night” boys:- If your carefully selected and vetted expert outfit comes with an unlikely but potentially costly accident, after that the company insurance ( look at this prior to hiring them) covers the costs involved:- Before selection will also permit you to include the experts in the design and essential material/fittings selection process
3) Work out a fixed price with your service provider:- On a labour just basis, and at this time ( outwith the Birmingham area) it’s possible to hire a good just about all deals contractor experienced in plumbing, builder work, woodworking, plastering, tiling, designing and electric function as required for about 1600-2300 pounds per standard bathroom inclusive of all works as required:- Ensure that your agreement is actually in writing and is actually authorized and agreed through both sides. There is no need for a extravagant or even lawfully drafted contract:- A good exchange of clearly and merely indicated handwritten letters or Emails may constitute a binding agreement in any small claims courtroom if required. Cautious choice of your service provider ought to make sure that legal procedures are a very unlikely outcome of any project, however a correctly constituted agreement is actually a required and smart insurance for any kind of business deal.
4) Shop around for your personal sanitary fixtures:- There are some fantastic deals to be experienced available:- For example, and at the period of writing, B&Q comes with an superb provide on a complete “Sandringham” suite by Armitage Shanks Ltd (inclusive of bath, basin/pedestal/wc and taps) Just about all for less than Two hundred pounds ( typical shop price over Six hundred pounds):- If you see a “named brand” shower in a large shop don’t buy it however take a look at comparative deals on line for a better deal.
5) For those who have a “combi” boiler in your house you will find that a thermostatic control device shower or “power shower” as frequently it’s recognized, is most likely the cheapest and certainly (performance wise) the best option:- keep in mind to talk to your service provider as to which type to get:- These types of showers can have an exposed or even concealed valve depending on what kind of walls you’ve:- When selecting an electric shower, keep in mind that the new more powerful bathrooms available today ( ranked up to and beyond 11KW ) will need a bigger cable and mains signal buster installed through a competent electrical installer:- Utilizing a similarly rated shower to the existing shower can save you hundreds of pounds in rewiring expenses.
6) The most often used tiles undoubtedly are porcelain ( as opposed to ceramic, slate or even natural rock) they’re also generally the cheapest to place as they don’t require professional adhesives, cutting or positioning. A few natural rock items also need periodic closing to preserve their situation. It is vital that you simply consult with your contractor prior to purchasing floor tiles or adhesives. The size of tiles can be a possible issue:- Big tiles do not usually function perfectly, appearance wise, in a little area and the size of floor tiles is definitely a serious problem for wall space and floors which are less than perfect (Tiles don’t bend ):- Whilst smaller floor tiles could deal with less than perfect areas, bigger floor tiles cannot:- A good tiler will always do the best he can, but remember which completely 100% perfect tiling is quite possible only in lab problems by robots!
7) The color and complete of items in a bathroom design is actually down to personal choice. In my experience plain/neutral coloured floor tiles and paint finishes work best. Coloured tile edgings or bands may end up dictating the colour of towels, ornamental add-ons and the future paint colours on walls and so on:- A combination of dark charcoal floor tiles, white “bumpy” wall floor tiles, really light gray emulsion wall space and a white painted roof is a really cost effective but elegant complete that actually works perfectly for all towel and accessory colours especially when coupled with silver tile trims/beads and the silver faucets and shower fittings etc to be found in most lavatories:- A similar result can be achieved along with buff colored and other neutrally colored floor tiles:- If you are creatively minded and talented, perform what you would like and certainly do not listen to any kind of bathroom fitter!
8) Your service provider is likely to end up being on-site for between 7 and 11 operating days. Let him possess a pretty large area on which to keep their tools, materials and the bathroom fixtures etc:- Any contractor worth his sodium will always respect your property ( make use of dirt linens and so on) and may clear up from the finish of every night. A spare room is ideal, and along with the doorway stored close to hide the storage space area following the contractor offers finished for the day, after that the invasion should be bearable for the contract length
9) On most bathroom projects it’s possible to keep a operating bathroom on the go for all but 24 hrs of any kind of agreement:- Recently set floor tiles need period to set earlier to repairing the new wc and basin stand and so on. In the absence of a second bathroom then alternative plans ought to obviously be made along with neighbors, friends or even family in progress.
10) Lastly if you’re happy with your bathroom let your contractor know ( everyone likes to end up being thanked for doing a good job) and pay him or her quickly. If you wish you can put a good evaluation of his workmanship online through your Google account, it will help his web site rankings and also other potential prospects seeking reliable and good craftsmen.